- Joint Integrity Management
- Maintenance Support Services
- Proving Competency
- Critical Flange Inspection
Joint Integrity Management
Causes of leaking flanged joints vary, but as a general rule, flange distortion, sealing surface damager, inappropriate gasket selection, incorrect bolt loads, and uncontrolled tightening methods are typically among the primary ones.
Other factors to highlight include:
- The importance of appropriately trained and skilled technicians
- The use of appropriate tools and equipment
- Detailed procedures to work to, with effective supervision and inspection
- The importance of keeping effective records of work undertaken
Joint integrity of critical joints can be successfully achieved, given effective controls – in other words a programme that addresses the issues associated with joint failure, managing every stage from engineering analysis of the joint through all the necessary work to closure and bolting, all with full documentation.
Joint integrity management is the total package of services that provides the best possible chance of achieving a leak-free start-up.
The three main aims of implementing and executing joint integrity management…
- To minimise the risk of flange joint leaks and potential high-risk incidents
- To detail good engineering practice in the making of flanged joints
- To satisfy the training and validation requirements leading to an individual being authorised to re-joint flanges
January 14, 2015
Our Middle East office
January 14, 2015
Industry recognises the need to recruit, develop and retain a highly skilled workforce and...
October 2, 2012
Zulu Engineering has launched its certified training in all aspects of bolted joint assembly. FIJI...